Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day Gift Hop

Argh! How can it possibly be February already. I'm sure it was the run up to Christmas only two minutes ago. Now apparently I should be thinking about hearts and flowers and how best to be spending Valentine's Day. Needless to say, I'm not terribly well prepared. I see hurriedly bought wine and chocolates on the horizon. In my defense, this is because I'm buried up to my arm bits in deadlines. I turned the second Black Halo book in at the end of January, and the third (which is the sequel to the first, and is seriously kicking my butt) is due at the end of March. Thankfully, while I'm somewhat lax on the romantic front, I'm glad to report that this isn't the case for my heroes, both Ash (All Night Long) and Xane (Come Undone & Come Together) are rather more in tune with the idea. Well maybe...

‘There are some things for you, on the right,’ Xane called through from the lounge. ‘Since I dragged you here in a rush, I thought you might appreciate some –’ He broke off. ‘Well, see what you think.’

What he devil had he bought her? Stockings? Itsy-bitsy lingerie? When had he even had time to shop? God help her if he actually expected her to model them. She wasn’t prancing around in her underwear for anyone. He ought to have brought Ginny along if he wanted stuff like that.

Dani froze uncertainly near the foot of the bed. Her case sat in the corner, beside a portable stand full of designer dresses. She about-turned, convinced she’d missed Xane’s gift, but there was no other obvious item.

Case temporarily forgotten, she closed in on the rack. He couldn’t seriously have bought her all these. They had to have cost the equivalent of her yearly rent, more maybe.

Staggered, yet unable to keep a grin off her face, Dani ran through the line of outfits. They were all the exact mix of stylish and subversive she expected one of his dates to wear; the sort of clothes that made Elspeth Shriik look like a goddamned goddess. Sudden cramp ripped through Dani’s stomach at the thought that Xane had intended them for Black Halo’s keyboardist. That’s how he’d conjured them at such short notice. The same was probably true of the room. You didn’t get a reservation in a place like this without booking months in advance. Xane had intended to bring Elspeth here after last night’s show. It was her he’d meant to spend the weekend bedding, not crazy Dani Fosbrook, who came out in hives at the thought of undressing for him but who really, really wanted to be with him.

Dani cast the bed an awkward glance, where her mind conjured an image of Xane poised above Elspeth, his lean back bared and the firm muscles of his rear flexing as the pair made their own miniature earthquake.

A twofold hatred of the other woman exploded in her chest: firstly, because she’d been with Xane and he’d obviously loved her; and secondly, because she’d hurt him so badly there was now an unholy rift in the band.

Dani hadn’t overheard much that morning, only that Steve Matlock and Elspeth had got married. Considering that rumours of a relationship between Xane and Elspeth had been rife for years, it didn’t take much to fathom the cause of Xane’s impromptu stage exodus. She wondered how long Elspeth and Xane had been broken up. Her spidey sense said: not that long, possibly under a month, and maybe less than a week. Hell, maybe even less than that, which she guessed made her rebound material. No matter, she’d take whatever she could get.

‘OK?’ Xane remarked. Dani lifted her head to find him poised in the archway that separated one part of the suite from the other. He remained naked, thus drawing her attention from the clothes to the smooth, solid lines of his torso and the ink that encompassed the top of one arm and the whole of his shoulder. He seemed so unreal standing there, as though he were a figment of her imagination, except that he looked twice as good in the flesh as he had in her fantasies. He smiled. ‘They’ll fit. I made sure.’ He nodded at the rail of clothes.

Then perhaps the clothing had been bought for her. After all, she and Elspeth weren’t even vaguely the same shape. The other woman had no hips or butt and only a microscopic pair of tits. Dani had a whole lot more bounty in every regard.

‘How?’ she enquired. It wasn’t as if he’d ever had the opportunity to check out her wardrobe and see what size she wore.

Xane traced the outline of her body in the air with both hands. ‘I’ve a good memory for figures.’ That was one helluva memory.


Anyway, let me know below what you'll be doing for Valentine's Day this year, and I'll pick someone at random to win a copy of Come Undone.

The overall hop has two grand prizes: a new adult romance digital gift basket and a Kindle Paperwhite! BloghopPrizes Simply visit a stop below to get started. Let’s hop!

35 comments:

samantha loving said...

probably just hanging at home vday is too close to my birthday we usually just combined my bday dinner and movie with vday also.

Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages said...

We're going out for dinner on Friday, and I bought new lingerie for the occasion! Then we're going away for the weekend for some alone time.

prettylittlepages@gmail.com

loreleicullen said...

Nothing special, I'll probably go out with friends and then go to watch some movie.
kalliopedamala@gmail.com

Elise-Maria Barton said...

Working on my tbr list!!
ilookfamous@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

No big plans. Home with husband. Wine probably involved. :)
writeforward at yahoo dot com

celina k said...

I will be working, and the book sounds great!

dreammie_angel at yahoo dot com

Tessa said...

Nothing special really. Maybe eating something nice together and just relaxing.
tessa dot bamberg at kolumbus dot fi

Jenn Marr said...

Staying at home with my book boyfriends!!
jenn.marr47@hotmail.com

melissa crisp said...

I just want take out and a movie at home.
leighannecrisp at yahoo dot com

melissa crisp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda Craighead said...

Just a quiet night at home with the hubby and kids.

Renee M said...

Wow, really liked the snippet. Friday is always pizza night at our house so maybe heart shaped pizza? Thanks.
rameyer.nmb@gmail.com

Laurel Lasky said...

We make cards for each other. He always leaves a flower for me.

laurellasky@yahoo.com

Mac said...

It's my Mom's birthday. So I will make her a cake and hang with her. :) Such is my life right now.

Kimberley said...

I'll be watching the Winter Olympics! I know, not very romantic, but still fun. Thanks for the giveaway & happy Valentine's Day!

cayenne-9t1 AT hotmail DOT com

H.B. said...

No plans for this year. I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. I'll probably be at home.

humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

hhkaufman78 said...

I will be cuddling up with my family, watching a movie.

hhkaufman78 said...

I will be cuddling up with my family, watching a movie.

ncprincess96 at yahoo dot com

Majecscontesttx said...

I will be spending time with my 5 year olds class for Vday and then going home to make a nice dinner and cuddling with the family.
majecscontesttx at gmail dotcom

amy bowens said...

Nothing exciting dinner with the hubby and kids! Thanks for sharing!
amybowens34@yahoo.com

Natasha said...

I will probably be at home reading a book!
Thanks for the chance to win!
natasha_donohoo_8 at hotmail dot com

Daniel M said...

single so not doing anything - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Shannon Williams said...

We just stay at home with the kids & hang out, nothing special.
shannonw1978@hotmail.com

Marybeth Renn said...

Just staying home and cuddling
mrenn@nycap.rr.com

Jacklyn Gorman said...

We spent Valentine's Day in bed sick, boo. :( At least we were together. Lilysmomma2008atyahoo.com

Shadow said...

Hi! Happy Valentines! I dont really have any plans. Im staying in and reading. ​Thank you for sharing and for ​the amazing giveaway!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Brittany Wendtland said...

I spent the day snuggling my babies!!! bw2323bro(@)yahoo.com

BookLady said...

On Valentine's Day my husband and I share a romantic candlelight dinner. Thanks for the great giveaway!
bhometchko(at)hotmail(dot)com

Courtney said...

My husband and I tried a new-to-us restaurant near our house. It was a nice date night alone
youngcou@gmail.com

KIM TALBOT said...

We didn't do a thing and it was awesome!

devynsmom95@yahoo.com

bn100 said...

watched a movie

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

magic5905 said...

Thanks for the chance.
magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

JanD said...

I didn't have plans for V-day.
bituin76 at hotmail dot com

Sherry said...

I didn't do anything for Valentine's Day. I just stayed home.
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Jenn Oldaker said...

We didn't have anything planned.. hubby had to work 13 hrs so I just made him a nice dinner and dessert for when he got home ;) jjo7796 at hotmail dot com